Building your custom Guitar Gallery
Special Financing - Ends Jan 1, 2024
As low as $250/month
with 24 mo. financing*
See all payment options
Or earn 5% back in Bonus Bucks† on qualifying purchases of $299 or more when you use your Sweetwater Credit Card. Select your offer in checkout. Terms
Fast Shipping Tech Support Free Sweetwater Support Free 2-year Warranty
(Hurry, limited quantity available)
Ask An Expert
Our expertly trained Sales Engineers are ready to help!
What is a Sales Engineer?
Most Popular Accessories & Related Items
Certified Fit Cases
No more guesswork! These cases are hand-tested and guaranteed to fit your guitar. See how we do it
Certified Fit Cases
Gibson Custom 1959 ES-335 Reissue VOS - Vintage Burst
This article was Written By
Our Product Research Team
Get to know them!
Classic Semi-hollowbody Electric from Gibson
Get a true American original with the Gibson Custom 1959 ES-335 Reissue. Introduced in '58 as Gibson's first semi-hollowbody electric guitar, the ES-335 has continued to win over legions of devoted players for 60-plus years. Featuring a beautifully resonant maple/poplar/maple body, solid mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard, and a pair of Custombucker Alnico III pickups, this vintage instrument puts out one-of-a-kind tone that is ideal for jazz and blues but can translate easily into rock as well. Many guitarists at Sweetwater have fallen in love with the Gibson Custom 1959 ES-335 Reissue. Get your hands on one, and you will too.
Related Videos: 1959 ES-335 Reissue VOS - Vintage Burst
Legendary tone from alnico humbuckers
The Custom Shop Custombucker pickups in the ’59 ES-335 Reissue are catnip for tube amplifiers. Each with its own volume and tone controls, these unpotted pickups will let you nail chimey country licks as easily as you dial in searing rock tones. The Alnico III magnets give you classic hollowbody-style tones for everything from warm jazz to dirty blues. And handwired with CTS audio taper pots and paper-in-oil capacitors, you’ll have nearly endless tone shaping control at your fingertips.
Vintage Original Sheen finish for the look and feel of a classic
Gibson Custom's Vintage Original Sheen finish option comes standard on Custom Shop Historic Reissue models. The VOS finish package includes lightly aged parts that impart an authentic vintage patina. The nitrocellulose finished it buffed to a light matte appearance, giving a look and feel of a guitar that has been lovingly played and cared for over the years.
Gibson Custom 1959 ES-335 Reissue Features:
- Maple/poplar/maple semi-hollowbody shouts, barks, and howls blues and rock
- Centerblock design adds sustain and controls feedback
- Specially calibrated Custombucker Alnico III pickups deliver vintage PAF-like tone
- Authentic ’59 Medium "C" neck profile with rolled binding and Indian rosewood fingerboard
- 2 volumes, 2 tones, 3-way toggle switch for a wide array of tone shaping possibilities
- Adjustable ABR-1 bridge with plated brass saddles enhances tone and playability
- Kluson Single Line, Single Ring tuners keep you in tune onstage and in the studio
- Classic pearloid dot inlays
- Vintage Original Sheen finish package with light matte nitrocellulose and aged hardware
Why Buy Your Guitar from Sweetwater?
See how Sweetwater goes to great lengths to give you the very best online guitar buying experience. From our online Guitar Gallery that allows you to see and select the exact instrument you want to our 55-point Inspection process and our in-house guitar techs, we take the guesswork out of buying your next guitar online.
Sweetwater's FREE 2-Year Total Confidence Coverage Warranty
Extra peace of mind at no extra cost.
- Save money with FREE parts and labor
- Get back to making music with the industry's fastest turnaround time
- Fix it the first time with our award-winning, factory-certified Service Department
Free 2-year Warranty
Sweetwater's 2-year Total Confidence Coverage™ Warranty gives you extra peace of mind at no extra cost.
Save money with
free parts & labor!
Get back to making music with the industry's fastest turnaround time.
Fix it the first time with our award-winning, factory-certified Service Department.
- Number of Strings 6
- Left-/Right-handed Right-handed
- Body Type Semi-hollowbody
- Body Shape 1959 ES-335
- Body Material 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Body Finish Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color Vintage Burst
- Neck Material Mahogany
- Neck Shape Authentic '59 Medium C
- Neck Joint Set Neck
- Radius 12"
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay Pearloid Dots
- Number of Frets 22
- Scale Length 24.75"
- Nut Width 1.6875"
- Nut Material Nylon
- Bridge/Tailpiece ABR-1 Lightweight Aluminum Stopbar Tailpiece
- Tuners Kluson Waffleback with Pearloid tips
- Neck Pickup Custombucker Alnico III Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup Custombucker. Alnico III Humbucker
- Controls 2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings .010-.046
- Case/Gig Bag Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number: 59ES335VOVBNH1
What Makes Our Sales Engineers Great?
Sweetwater Sales Engineers are a world-class team of experts dedicated to you. Hand selected from across the globe, each brings a wealth of experience and expertise in the world of music gear to provide you with unparalleled service completely free of charge. Friendly relationships, real trust, and the right gear are only a call or a click away!
Contact Your Sales Engineer
Nashville is not setup for...or experienced in building proper 335's.
Also, Nashville puts Les Paul pickups on their 335's ( NO GOOD ).
Memphis had their own *special* 335 pickups--which were UNDERWOUND.
The Memphis operation was setup specially for building the ES-335.
Nashville is setup mainly for producing the Les Paul.
This particular guitar is a Nashville 335.
POOR MATERIALS...POOR WORKMANSHIP...POOR FINISH...and POOR SOUND.
Also...using Les Paul pickups.
See also:semi hollowbody guitars, Gibson Custom, Gibson Custom Semi-hollowbody Guitars